As an independent statutory authority - accountable to the Australian Parliament - APRA supervises institutions across the banking, insurance and superannuation sectors and promotes stability in the Australian financial system.
Digital Garden worked with APRA over two phases: Phase 1 (Discovery, UX and Business Requirements) and we won the Phase 2 work (Design & Development).
Old problems, new solutions
Problem: An outdated, over half-decade-old, non-responsive site design
Solution: Transformed into responsive experience across devices, inspired by a new brand look-and-feel
Problem: A disorganised and audience-siloed user experience (UX)
Solution: Digital Garden workshopped with APRA the key user personas and their typical journeys throughout the site. The main navigation and information hierarchy of the new site has broken down the 'industry' sections the old site had been broken into, instead using common
Problem: Inward-facing language and terms, used primarily by APRA staff end-of-life of SharePoint (CMS) as a website platform
Solution: Examining the terms and taxonomies used in the menus, content and tagging, we worked with APRA to reinvent the information architecture (IA) of the site to be more accessible to their industry, media and public audiences, reducing the use of APRA-speak
Features of the new project
- UX discovery and prototyping phase, with a UX workshop session with APRA stakeholders
- Technical workshop with key development and information technology staff from APRA and Digital Garden
- Business requirements specification documentation, outlining the inclusions for the project’s development phase
- User interface (UI) design to accessibility compliance standards
- Development of the new website to accessibility standards onto govCMS (Drupal) platform as a service (PaaS)
- New CMS content publishing and approvals workflow implemented for greater security and APRA staff efficiencies
- Compliance with the Federal Government’s Digital Transformation Agency (DTA) Digital Service Standards
- Penetration testing by an independent 3rd party
- Working through user acceptance testing (UAT) with the APRA project working group, project steering committee, and the executive team and chairman
The new site has been very well-received by APRA's executive team and chairman.