To design and develop a portal for retail life insurance planners providing them access to all their key information and services. It is used by all channels of retail planners: BT, Westpac, St George / Bank SA, Wrap and Off Platform EFA.
Digital Garden has been engaged by BT Financial Services to play a key user experience and design role on their Life Insurance Central project.
Following on from an investigation with respect to how the Life Insurance business can become more customer focused in its service and delivery, the Adviser Experience Review project was initiated. Outcomes from this project found that planners want more process transparency, improved progress information, centralisation of tools and information, and less administration.
The solution ‘Life Insurance Central’ aims to address these key planner needs:
- Act as a gateway to Life Insurance services and information;
- Provide progress status of policies in suspense;
- Provide an overview of a planner’s portfolio of business
- Connect planners to new quote engine, LifeSaver+ and other key applications;
- The design has to accommodate multiple brands;
- Provide access to forms, PDS’ and marketing collateral; and
- Ensure planners will not need to authenticate into LIC as long as they have logged into their Planner systems.
Some of the activities undertaken included review & analysis of existing research artefacts, stakeholder interviews & focus groups, user focus groups, information architecture, wireframe designs, usability walkthroughs and usability testing, accessibility reviews.
We also created visual designs and html templates that were optimised for usability and readability (based on the user-centred design process). However, the additional challenge was that the design had to be readily adapted to support a number of different brand guidelines (BT, Westpac and St. George).
The life insurance product has being touted as the poster child of the BT digital offering.