Spending money on technology wisely
Government and not-for-profit (NFP) organisations are always under scrutiny for how wisely they invest in new technologies and services to best achieve their digital objectives, while also meeting customer needs. It’s a balancing act we’re very familiar with, having worked closely with a broad range of government and NFP clients across diverse projects over many years.
Open, transparent and accessible
Typically, there is a need to ensure the most number of users are able to access content quickly and interact fluently on government sites. Thus, compliance with WCAG 2.0 AA accessibility standards is an essential requirement that we build into any such project from the outset.
Having collaborated with the Fire & Rescue NSW, Dec, Community and Public Sector Union (CPSU) and other departments, Digital Garden has extensive experience in making sure that users of such sites – with their specific interactive needs of relevant content (sometimes in several languages) being located in the logical place and accessible to all users – are the focus of the websites that we design, build and deliver.
Services we offer for government & NFPs
- Digital strategies, expert reviews and content strategies
- Information architecture workshops and advice
- Open source technology - No licencing costs
- Drupal content management system installation, providing greater flexibility using open source technology, along with secure hosting on Acquia platform
- Frontend design and development for Enterprise Content Management Systems
- Interface design and integration for Intranet, Portals and Applications
- Accessibility – ensuring AA compliance with WCAG 2.0 Accessibility standards
- Usability testing on prototypes before it gets to build
- SEO audit and recommendations.
Like to know more?
We ‘get’ that there is a lot to consider when government departments and NFP decide to embrace or expand their digital ambitions. But for those who choose to partner with experienced operators familiar with the sector (like Digital Garden), opportunities abound. So get in touch with us today.