Posted on 01.07.21
Digital Garden is seeking a ridiculously talented Junior to Mid-weight UI Designer to join our creative team.
You will be an integral part of our production process and project team, creating stunning user interface concepts for some of Australia’s most recognised names.
We welcome recent graduate applicants. Years of agency experience are valued, but certainly not everything. If you’re just starting out after university or a design course, we’re looking for you to wow us with your work and your confidence!
About the role & responsibilities:
- Engage in client workshops and digital strategy sessions
- Create first-class UI design concepts for websites, tools and apps
- Design internal screens and UI for websites, tools and apps
- Work closely and collaboratively with in a Sydney-based team of UX designers, digital strategists, projects managers and developers
- Deliver concepts and design rationale to client stakeholder groups
- Highly-skilled at producing beautiful, modern and intuitive user interfaces
- An amazing eye for design and a sophisticated aesthetic
- Solid understanding of responsive design principles
- Strong and confident communication skills, being able to effectively communicate ideas and rationale in person and in writing to clients and colleagues alike
- Experience working in Sketch is advantageous
Highly desirable but not essential skills:
- Strong UX skills and background, such as prototyping
- Experience in testing designs with users
- Basic frontend development understanding, to easily communicate ideas with developers
About Digital Garden
Digital Garden has been operating since 2007, and we pride ourselves on doing projects for the better good. With clients such as Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders), NABERS, McDonald Jones Homes, Surf Life Saving NSW, Glaucoma Australia and the World Mosquito Program, you will be working on fascinating projects with big-name clients.
At Digital Garden we foster an easygoing work environment and a happy life/work balance. We have flexible work hours, work from home three days per week and have team pizza in the office. We’re also right behind Luna Park, so you can head down for a ride the days you’re in the office!
How to Apply
Please send us a link to your portfolio to review and a cover letter on why you would like to be part of the team at Digital Garden, along with your salary expectations - firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: As we are looking for a Junior to Mid-weight UI Designer, the salary would start from a $60,000 base upwards, depending on experience and/or portfolio.